- frontal lecture,
- seminar / workshop,
- webinar (using Adobe Connect): suitable for students of combined form of study or distance studies,
- e-learning / blended learning using Moodle,
- tour around the library building accompanied with informations about our services and how the library works
The type of lecture depends on preferences of a given faculty or teacher, the size of the group, given topic or our schedule at the moment.
- Overview of our services at the library and available academic databases at CZU (including library tour)
- Information retrieval in academic databases: work with EBSCO Discovery Service
- Citing of information sources: citation ethics, requirements for citing at certain faculty, work with reference manager CitacePRO
- Reference manager Mendeley (you can also choose other; see Reference managers for list of supported ref. managers)
- Citation databases Web of Science and SCOPUS
- Basics for academic writing in english: academic style, paper structure, data representation (graphs, etc.)
- Critical evaluation of information: verifying of information from internet, methods of critical work with text etc.
We can teach these topics either in Czech or English. We can offer electronic or printed study materials to all the topics, alternatively give and evaluate assignments. Moreover the individual consultation over the topics is always possible.